"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Sunday, January 9, 2011

16 - Blue

A piece of blue sky in January in the Pacific Northwest... a sight indeed.  :)

I enjoyed taking this picture today, as it was one of my few breaks I took from doing work.  Woke up earlier than most of my wing and went to brunch alone to do a little studying.  From there, I headed to a practice room to prep for opera rehearsal tomorrow.  After that, it was off to the library for a 2 hour Philosophy session.  Then - a nap break!  Woot!  Following a wonderful snooze-session, 2 hours of simultaneous front desk sitting and Philosophy studying.... dinner and a break combined.... then a final 2 hours of Philosophy with a friend from the class. 

Long, long, but productive, day.  I think I understand more of my Philosophy class than I don't understand, so I've reached a good point.
Or have I learned anything?  What is knowledge?  Why is it valuable?  How do you know that you know something when your truth is possibly false because it's based on your own perceptions, which you can't be sure of because you're the only one who senses the world like you do (or so you think)? 
Welcome to Philosophy, suckas.


Love&Harmony,
Erin

P.S.  Another philosophical pondering (that is totally in some of our readings):  What if you're just dreaming and I'm your projection (INCEPTION, anyone)?  :)  Sweet dreams!

1 comment: