"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blemishes & Blessings 1

In an attempt to write more -- I'm trying to start up some day-of-the-week oriented posts (or... I guess you could call them "weekly"... hah)

Hence: Sundays - Blemishes & Blessings

Blemishes (things that have made the past week less than ideal):
- Starting work tomorrow... I have sworn for the past 3 years that it was my last summer... here I am for number 5.  *sigh*
- Packing and unpacking.  Two of my least favorite things.  Is it too much to ask for a little Harry Potter magic to just conjure everything from one place to another?
- Needing to go through piles of papers.  Particularly sheet music, which I am very bad at giving up.  It's that "but I might use it someday" mentality...  I'm planning on starting on that this week.  We'll see.
- Saying goodbye to dear friends.  For a long time.  Possibly forever.

Blessings (things that have made this week great!):
- Graduating from PLU.  I did it!  Not that it's hard to believe, per say, but I've realized that it's a pretty darn big accomplishment!
- Being at home.  A comfy bed, food in the fridge (that I don't have to pay for), a dog to play with, being with my family.  It's good.  :)
- Having a job.  While it's hardly my ideal, it's a full-time, paying job - I'm lucky to have it.  Just have to keep remembering that.
- Singing at church!  I'm back for the summer with Truthful Reign!  There are few things that make me happier than helping lead worship through song at mass.  I've got just about 8 weeks with them and will be soaking up every minute.  :)
- I've got a gift card for a massage... I need to use that.  :)


The Gospel reading this week was the feeding of over 5,000 people.  It struck me as an example of how God will always provide, even when things look dim.  The homily speakers pointed out how all we can give is so little compared to God's power, but how the Lord takes the little we are able to provide and magnifies it into something greater than we could ever imagine.  A happy thought for the week ahead.

Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment