"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Long Week

Things that have (so far) contributed to a long two weeks:
- Feeling supremely frustrated in the practice room when trying to sing, like I can't sing well and can't improve...
- Not finding any kind of time to express everything I have been holding in for the past two or three weeks in a journal-writing kind of way
- Having constant projects in all of my classes
- Utterly failing at piano lessons
- Not letting myself express anything
- Stress from registration
- Realizing that I can't keep acting like a vocal performance major while being a music education major and stay successful//sane
- Not seeing my family/being home in a month

Things that have made it better:
- Laughter with friends
- Floor-event game night
- Completely breaking down and actually letting myself cry at voice lessons
- Subsequently hearing from my voice teacher that I have the ability to be a coloratura soprano... that my upper range is "free, warm, and crystalline"  :)
- A really epic first performance of our main piece for the choir/orchestra Christmas concerts
- Being thankful that I'm in Choir of the West and am surrounded by phenomenal musical peers
- Knowing I have seven days exactly until I will be home for Thanksgiving break
- Warmth/care package from the family
- HARRY POTTER 7.1 PREMIERE!
- Hugs
- Flirting... hahaha
- The most epic Bazinga to date:

- Visiting my Ordal peeps!
- Embracing the fact that it is going to be cold and rainy from now on... which means it could snow at some point
- Getting classes I needed/wanted for J-Term and Spring

Knowing that I have a lot to look forward to and so many reasons to be happy makes breathing a lot easier.  :)

The end.
Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment