"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

67 - The Power of Music


As music majors, we often acknowledge the power and importance of music.  But in allowing ourselves to get so caught up in learning about and practicing and getting it perfect, how often do we end up taking our art for granted?  How often do we really feel what we are playing or singing?
Yesterday, I experienced feeling music in a way I haven't in quite a while.  The most amazing part was the fact that there were about 100 people all feeling the same thing - all expressing the same thing.  There are not many opportunities in our world for us to have a moment like that. 
I experienced the same sort of thing again this evening, although this time it was just by myself.  I just got to sing.  I practiced my vocal music in the choir room (one of the best for solo singing in the whole music building) and simply got to express myself with my voice and enjoy the sound of the room.  When I stopped worrying, I was able to feel

These are the moments musicians live for.


Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment