"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Friday, July 13, 2012

30 Days - Day 13

This is the third Friday the 13th of the year so far... apparently the most that can ever happen in one year.  Random//slightly cool fact of the day.  As for today's truth, it was a close call between Superchick and Tyrone Wells, but only one could take the cake -- and that would be...

Day 13 — A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough-ass days (write a letter).

Dear Superchick,

You got me through middle school and most of high school in one piece.  Talk about tough-ass days!  Your fun, positive, and unapologetically Christian-based music might not have been the hit stuff on the radio, but you helped me develop my sense of self-esteem, confidence, desire to help others, and strength to stay true to myself through your lyrics.  From "Princes and Frogs" warning me about letting boys grow up before falling for them [that's solid advice right there, folks] to getting over the bad days by being the "One and Only" to challenging me to be a "Hero," you were with me growing up and will never leave my ipod.  :)

Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment