"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Monday, July 9, 2012

30 Days - Day 8 & 9

Ack ack ack!  Already behind!  I cursed myself//I started work and have to go to bed super early and feel completely zonked when I get home in the afternoons... excuses excuses.  Whatever!  No pressure on me except my own.

Day 08 — Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like dirt.

I've never really had an enemy or bully or someone along those lines (maybe other than those times in elementary school from earlier in this challenge) who really made my life miserable for a long period of time.  I have experienced through-the-grapevine gossip/meanness in various shows though and let me tell you that is never fun and, for me personally, it creates a trust issue with the people I heard it coming from...
I can't throw stones, though, as I have totally participated in that kind of talk and attitude, too.  But I really do try my best to avoid it. 
Advice to anyone in any sort of performance/group with other people ever [or in a close-knitted academic setting/living environment]: anything you say, especially the negative stuff (even if it's in frustration and not actually meant to be mean-spirited), will get back to whomever you're talking about and anyone else that you wouldn't want to know what you said.  So it's better to follow that old stand-by -- unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Day 09 — Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

Really, most of my friends in high school.  I've truly kept up (making efforts to see/talk to each other), with about 4 out of all of the close or somewhat-close friends that I had through choir/AP classes and musicals.  Growing up is hard to do and the tough thing about graduating and going to different colleges is that, suddenly, you all start growing in different ways among different, new people -- it makes you change.  Usually (or, eventually) for the better, but in the process a lot of that high school version of you is either molded into someone else or possibly is completely abandoned for a "new you": the grown-up version.  I'm anticipating the same sort of changes with a lot of my college friends, too.  But now that we're prepared for it, if we're determined to not let each other drift, I think we can keep the seperation from being too significant.  After all, friends are the family you choose!  Hold 'em close!

Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment