"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagnination, and life to everything." ~ Plato


Tuesday, January 28, 2014

On Letters

I was all ready to blog last night when I got home but I was suddenly sidetracked by a beautiful, regular old envelope at my bedroom door.  The beautiful part was the return address: Megan A.

Letters from friends and loved ones are something special. In a time when sitting down to compose an e-mail starts to feel like too much work for some folks, knowing that someone took the time to hand write and mail a letter is really special. Like I've said before, it's like getting a hug in the mail. :). I keep written correspondence with a couple old friends from home and it brightens my day to hear from them.  Even if the stories have already been shared on social media. And sometimes we even save stories solely for letters.  I hope my far-future kiddos will get to experience this same sort of joy. (One of many reasons the post office is important!!)

Love&Harmony,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment